Friday, February 27, 2009

Family

I grew up in a large family and hope to have a large family someday. There are 8 of us total--dad, mom, 3 brothers (Greg, Jason, and Jonathan), and 2 sisters (Jen and Connie). We all got along very well growing up. Of course, there were times when we didn't, but they were few and far between.

My mom and dad were smart--they didn't let us watch much tv and we only had one game system (which broke and was, thankfully, never fixed). I can remember the Sega being the one thing we constantly fought over. I think that this lack of tv helped us want to do more creative things together. We made up neighborhood games (and growing up there were 36 kids in our cul-de-sac that were roughly our ages). We had candy sales. We made up dances and skits on Sunday. We pretended to be on our own tv and radio shows. We made blanket forts and each time they got bigger and better. There are so many good memories with my siblings. Growing up we made a pact that we'd stay close friends even after we got married. So far we have been true to the pact and I'm glad.

Now I have my own family. I married Thomas Lamar Dastrup on August 24, 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. I can't believe we've already been married for a year and a half! I love Tom with all my heart. He is sweet, kind, smart, handsome, and all of those things that a girl looks for in a husband. We each have our quirks, but we love each other for them. Sometimes I think he's more patient with me than I am with him. (Actually, I'm sure that's true.) He helps me each day to be a better person, and I love him dearly.

Rachel Kristen Dastrup is our latest addition to our family. She was born September 19, 2008. We love her with all our hearts. She looks a lot like mommy with her red hair and blue eyes, but she has daddy's patience. Lately, she has taken to rolling all over the house. Everytime I turn around she's somewhere new. She really keeps me on my toes. I love her happy-go-lucky attitude and calm temperament. I'm glad that we can be a forever family because I wouldn't want to live an eternity without anyone in my family!




1 comment:

  1. I agree with the gaming systems! I wish we had less games in our house. :)

    I like your blog it is cute!

    ReplyDelete